Thanks for all your beautiful contributions and a wonderful weekend to all my guests!
Hydrangea (Hortensia) is a very popular, small shrub, much appreciated in home gardens and landscapes, for its showy flowers and rich foliage.
In most species Hydrangea flowers are white, but in some species, like Hydrangea macrophylla, the flowers can be pink, blue or purple shades.
Hydrangea macrophyllaHydrangea macrophylla is native to Japan. It is widely cultivated in many parts of the world and also known by many other names as Hortensia, French Hydrangea, Mophead Hydrangea.
Did you know that:- the color of Hydrangea macrophylla blossoms depends on the soil composition;
a color change of the flower pigments takes place, in the presence of aluminium ions taken up into the plant from the soil.
- the flower color often mirrors the pH of the soil; neutral soils produce very pale cream petals, acidic soils produce blue flowers and alkaline soils results in pink or purple.
Hydrangeas are a beautiful addition to our homes, as indoor plant for winter. Flower centers offer plenty young, potted plants, in autumn and winter.
Look at this giant hydrangea flower head, twice the size of a human head.
Join Macro Flower Saturday and share your beautiful flowers with us!
First time visitors, please read:
- Mark your post as for MFS and link back in some way to this blog.
- Please take the link from bellow, not from the address bar because you mislead future visitors :
<a href="http://macroflower-saturday.blogspot.com">Macro Flower Saturday</a>
or you can use the installer (Add to sidebar button in my sidebar), for easy installation.
For more help, please go to the About page from main menu.
- Please don't link to your blog's main page, but to your MFS post!
- If your link is not on the list, something from the above requirements is incorrect or missing! Correct it and come back any time!
- Don't forget, if you like comments, others like them too!
Have a nice stay!